We are coming up on 3 months since Theodore Roosevelt National Park announced their plans to eliminate the ENTIRE herd of horses from the park! It has been a CRAZY 3 months! We have accomplished so much, and there is STILL so much to do! You can see a partial list of what we HAVE done on our website here: https://chwha.org/what-chwha-is-doing-to-save-the-trnp-wild-horses/
The herd has gained support and we are grateful! They are NOT safe ~ yet!
We are actively fundraising both to get some additional money in our legal fund because truthfully, we have NO idea what Theodore Roosevelt National Park will come back with for the next public comment period when we discuss the Environmental Assessment. There are also other things we are working on that we need your help with!
- We plan to pay for a billboard in Dickinson, ND. That cost is approximately $12,000 for a 1-year commitment. We can also add a second billboard in Bismarck for an additional $5,000.
- We are going to Washington DC! We have been asking to speak at the 2nd Annual Save Our Wild Horses Conference! (https://saveourwildhorses.net/2023-dc-conference.html) While we are there, we will be speaking with as many federal legislators as possible! We need help funding this trip which includes giveaways and brochures to hand out as well as presentation folders for our meetings!
- We will be mailing out our “Fighting for the Spirit of the Badlands” window clings to local businesses asking them to display them in their stores as a sign of support for the horses staying IN Theodore Roosevelt National Park!
- The cost for Chasing Horses Wild Horse Advocates to carry out the above plans will be approximately $25,000! We need your help to make them happen!
Other ways you can help us:
- We are trying to get Congressman Kelly Armstrong to see the value of the wild horses in Theodore Roosevelt National Park! His support is critical to getting the support of other members of the US Congress. Have you answered our “Call to Action”? REMEMBER EVERY LETTER/EMAIL COUNTS! We made it easy for you here: https://secure.everyaction.com/Rg-lK-HiAkSz6nxuYsiKmw2
- Our North Dakota Legislators have been advocating WITH us to save these horses! North Dakota Senate Concurrent Resolution, SCR 4014 passed the ND Senate UNANIMOUSLY! It now moves to the ND House! One of our contacts will be letting us know when they plan to hear testimony in the ND House. In the meantime, you can send us your comments that we will take when we testify in person here: https://secure.everyaction.com/UjcKwEYRSkO-TDc6OfAXMQ2
- We are working out details of a Spring Merchandise Auction. If you are a business that would like to donate an item for our auction, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 1st is the LAST day to place your order for our “Fighting for the Spirit of the Badlands” gear! 100% of the profits from this fundraiser goes to help support our advocacy work! You can grab yours here: https://savetrnphorses.itemorder.com/shop/home
- SHARE OUR POSTS! The more people who see our posts, the better chance we have of reaching more people and raising awareness about the plight of these horses!
There are several ways you can donate to us listed on our website: https://chwha.org/support-chwha/
Thank you for advocating WITH us to save this iconic herd of wild horses that call Theodore Roosevelt National Park home! We appreciate your help and support!
Chasing Horses Wild Horse Advocates is committed to advocating for a wild horse management plan and protection for these unique wild horses that call Theodore Roosevelt National Park home! We are fighting for a management plan that is guided by science especially when it comes to decisions regarding the removal of horses and the administration of birth control. Many other wild horse management plans have proven to be successful with their science-based plans. We are asking for the same for this amazing group of wild horses that call Theodore Roosevelt National Park home.