It is really hard to sit in this place where we are just waiting for answers but all we can do is wait!
There are actually A LOT of ways you can act NOW and help these horses. We need to take advantage of this “quiet” time!
Here are some ways you can help TODAY:
- We have a committee hearing for the North Dakota House of Representatives! The Agriculture Committee will be holding their hearing on Friday March 10, 2023 at 9 am! You can now submit testimony online to them here: https://ndlegis.gov/legend/committee/testimony/public-testimony/2804/?hearing=6511 You have to upload your comment as a pdf or txt file on the site by 8 am on March 10th. We have also added a link on our page that you can submit testimony to. We will be printing off all of the testimony we have received and taking it with us to the North Dakota State Capitol Building when we testify next Friday. We will also be submitting it as part of our online testimony and sending your comments to Congressman Armstrong. You can send us your comments here: https://secure.everyaction.com/UjcKwEYRSkO-TDc6OfAXMQ2
- Please submit your comments EVEN IF you submitted comments to the ND Senate. Comments made now through March 10th go to a different committee! Your Comments can be as simple as “Please pass SCR 4014” or as detailed as you like. PLEASE SEND YOUR COMMENTS!
- We NEED North Dakota Congressman Kelly Armstrong’s support! The wild horses of TRNP have gotten the support of so many and as wonderful as that is, we are STILL missing Congressman Armstrong’s support! We made it easy for you to email Congressman Armstrong: https://secure.everyaction.com/Rg-lK-HiAkSz6nxuYsiKmw2
- Wild Horses EVERYWHERE need our help! One way you can help is to send your postcards to Washington DC! There are several ways that you can send your postcards listed in the “Calls to Action” section of our website: https://chwha.org/calls-to-action/
- PLEASE support our advocacy work! We have a donor that will match YOUR donations UP TO $1,000! We have updated our Go Fund Me with our goals and the budget that is needed to reach those goals. You can view that and make a donation here: https://gofund.me/b425d248 You can make your donation by clicking on the Go Fund Me link above, or by clicking the donate button on ANY of our Facebook posts. You can also donate any of the ways listed on our website: https://chwha.org/support-chwha/ If you would prefer to mail in a check, you can send your donation to:
Chasing Horses Wild Horse Advocates
P.O. Box 3562
Dickinson, ND 58602
There are several other things we are working on and will have more “Calls to Action” coming soon! If you have ideas that you think will help these horses, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you again for your support!
Chasing Horses Wild Horse Advocates is committed to advocating for a wild horse management plan and protection for these unique wild horses that call Theodore Roosevelt National Park home! We are fighting for a management plan that is guided by science especially when it comes to decisions regarding the removal of horses and the administration of birth control. Many other wild horse management plans have proven to be successful with their science-based plans. We are asking for the same for this amazing group of wild horses that call Theodore Roosevelt National Park home.