Late Breaking News!

Hello and Happy Tuesday to everyone! 

We just got back from the Medora City Council meeting. 

The City of Medora Resolution 01-2023 that asks Theodore Roosevelt National Park to allow the wild horses to stay came up for discussion and vote tonight.

After a heated discussion, the council members voted.  2 in favor of sending the resolution and 2 members apposing. 

The Mayor of Medora, Mayor Todd Corneil, cast the deciding vote. Mayor Todd Corneil voted FOR the passage of the resolution! 

This is important to us because we are working BEYOND this management planning process.  We are working for federal protection for these horses.  We learned in Washington DC that things like this are powerful tools in our advocacy toolkit. 

THANK YOU to the City of Medora for passing this resolution!  We will share the final copy with you when we get one.

TOMORROW is the big day!  We hope to see you at The Bully Pulpit Rally!  You can still grab your tickets here:

Thank you for your support and have a GREAT night!

Chasing Horses Wild Horse Advocates is committed to advocating for a wild horse management plan and protection for these unique wild horses that call Theodore Roosevelt National Park home!  We are fighting for a management plan that is guided by science especially when it comes to decisions regarding the removal of horses and the administration of birth control.  Many other wild horse management plans have proven to be successful with their science-based plans.  We are asking for the same for this amazing group of wild horses that call Theodore Roosevelt National Park home.

4 thoughts on “Late Breaking News!

  1. Thank you for all you are doing for the wild horses. I am planning on visiting the park in about a month, and I will tell the Mayor thank you for their support.

  2. That is awesome news. Please tell the Mayor Thank you, for saying yes to the resolution. I so wish I could be there with you guys. ❤️🐎🐎🐎🐎

  3. My husband and I visited Medora for our anniversary weekend of the 8th. While we were there we spent 3 days looking for the horses. We were super excited when we finally found them. We were saddened to hear of the possibility of the park losing those beautiful animals. Since home I have been waiting for an update and am ecstatic to hear that they will be staying. I look forward to seeing them again on our next visit, as we come at least once a year.

    1. Hello and thank you for your comment. The decision has not been made yet on if they are allowed to stay. We expect the park to be back with their draft Environmental Assessment soon and then there will be another public comment period. Please watch our website for updates. We will need everyone to comment.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: