Just TWO DAYS until the North Dakota House hears testimony on North Dakota Senate Concurrent Resolution SCR 4014! Do they have YOUR comment?
Please make sure that you submit your testimony online by 8 am CST Friday! You DO NOT have to be a North Dakota resident to submit your testimony!
What should your comment look like?
Here are some GREAT talking points to get you started by our friends at American Wild Horse Campaign:
- Wild horses are integral to the scenery, native wildlife, and wilderness qualities of the Park – the landscape that inspired President Theodore Roosevelt and still inspires visitors today.
- The horses in the Park are descendants of the original Badland horses with historical lineages that trace all the way back to the horses surrendered by Sitting Bull in the late 1800s.
- The Teddy Roosevelt horses are North Dakota’s only wild horse herd and should be protected as such.
- The Teddy Roosevelt herd must be kept at a minimum of 150 horses in order to ensure a genetically viable herd.
- SCR 4014 will help support ecotourism and business development in North Dakota by protecting the horses.
- SCR 4014 is consistent with the wishes of 80 percent of Americans who want wild horses protected.
- If the horses are removed, I will not spend tourism dollars in the state.
- Vote YES on SCR 4014 to support humane, scientifically recommended methods of managing these wild horses on the public lands they call home.
We ask that you also include that you would like SCR 4014 passed as amended by the ND Senate.
Here is how to submit your testimony:
- Go to the North Dakota state legislative website https://ndlegis.gov/assembly/68-2023/regular/bill-hearings/bh4014.html?bill_year=2023&bill_number=4014 please click on the “Submit Testimony” link
- Open a Word document and type out your comments. Save the file or print it as a pdf file and the upload it to the website above.
- Where it asks for the testimony type, please select “In support of.”
If you are able to testify in person, please let the committee know when you submit your testimony.
We are collecting comments to be submitted as part of our testimony and also to send to Congressman Armstrong as we work to gain his support for the wild horses of Theodore Roosevelt National Park. We will continue to collect comments until 5 pm MST TOMORROW (Thursday). You can also submit your comments to Chasing Horses Wild Horse Advocates: https://secure.everyaction.com/UjcKwEYRSkO-TDc6OfAXMQ2
Thank you for your support! We will continue to keep you updated on the progression of SCR 4014!
Chasing Horses Wild Horse Advocates is committed to advocating for a wild horse management plan and protection for these unique wild horses that call Theodore Roosevelt National Park home! We are fighting for a management plan that is guided by science especially when it comes to decisions regarding the removal of horses and the administration of birth control. Many other wild horse management plans have proven to be successful with their science-based plans. We are asking for the same for this amazing group of wild horses that call Theodore Roosevelt National Park home.